The other night I was watching an episode the new sit-com, Guy’s with Kids. In this particular episode one of the characters is presented with an anniversary gift of a 60 inch flat screen TV. As it is being uncrated he calls his children in to see his gift. The two boys run in and joyfully exclaim, “Wow, a cardboard box.” The next we see the very large cardboard box it has been converted into a space ship. Continue reading
Bliss (noun): Complete happiness. I like the sound of that – COMPLETE HAPPINESS!
What gives me complete happiness is teaching. I can’t go a day without teaching. If I am not teaching I fill the void by writing. Teaching is truly my passion. It’s my bliss.
What is your bliss? What gives you complete happiness? What is that something that when you are doing it your world seems complete? Whatever it is, do it. Don’t deny yourself your happiness.
- Set a new goal. Choose an action you can take that you are in control of, and can work towards…big or small. And then begin.
- Read. Read plays, novels, short stories, the newspaper…acting is storytelling. Let yourself be affected and inspired by stories and how they are told.
- Watch a movie…but watch it with intention. Don’t just veg out in front of the TV. Is there an actor you like? A character you’d like to play? Study the performances; develop a critical eye…what did you like, and why? Continue reading
By Axel Avin Jr.
How many time have you heard these phrases and ones like them mumbled by your friends or even yourself?
- “I can’t wait until I’m rich and famous, THEN I’ll be able to do what I really want to do.”
- “I can’t wait until I book a pilot.” “I can’t wait until I get signed by an agent, THEN I’ll start working.”
- “I’m sick of waiting for casting directors to cast me.”
As actors, there is a lot of support for the idea that our careers are in the hands of other people. This idea is one that I personally struggle with. Like many actors, I have spent Continue reading